About Local Bus Route
The Local Bus Service is a (Deviated Fixed Route Service) available in Torrington, Winsted and Litchfield; Monday through Friday; Torrington also has Saturday service.
- The local bus service is a deviated fixed route service, which means the bus will travel 3/4 mile off its local bus route, upon request, to pick up riders with documented disabilities.
Call one day to 2 weeks before travel to make arrangements for pick-up. You can also request drop-off within 3/4 mile of the bus route when you are on the bus; the driver will try to accommodate your request within 30 minutes.
Click here to obtain bus route scheduled times and locations.
Riding the Deviated Fixed Route Service
- Be at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes ahead of the scheduled time.
- Get on the bus and pay the fare.
- Ask the driver for a transfer, if needed, when you get on the bus. A transfer is needed if you take another bus to get to the place you want to go. Transfers are FREE, and valid for 2 hours.
Plan Your Trip Before You Ride The Bus
You should know:
- Your starting point (where you can get on the bus).
- Your destination (where you want to get off the bus).
- The time you want to leave or when you want to reach your destination.
- The amount of the fare and how to pay.
One-Way Trip Fares
Ten ride discount tickets available.